Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Higher Level Multi Tasking

Returning again from Boston and recognizing that the unfolding of this last act has moved in ways so perfectly orchestrated that a higher order is emerging.

By using the powerful tool of intention, taking time set apart to become still and focus on the undertaking before me I create a new possibility, or multiple new probabilities. The power of focus is that it allows the shifting of outcome when it is applied without conditions.

It takes time to learn. To feel your way along to the place where you can simply shift your expectation into a place of happy expectancy. It is not defined by the actions which will occur but by the feelings which will accompany those actions.

When I first tested this years ago in Hawaii, while it certainly worked, I seemed (now looking back on it) unable to go beyond "solving the current problem" into new levels of living my creation. While I could apply it to specific small but critical to me needs, I was not confident yet to take on whole areas of my life with this tool.

Perhaps it simply didn't occur to me that I could do so. Whatever the case, this past journey week in Boston was certainly evidence that a more highly refined level of order has been established.

By simply applying what is in essence a similar technique to battle release work, the situation is infused with new potentiality.

Intention is about commitment and allowing. It is about releasing the desire and the hope into the potentiality of unconditional love without reservation. If you cannot trust it, it cannot trust you and you will not achieve your highest vision. When we fail to uphold our own visions, they collapse by the weight of outside influence and lack of attention. It is only by APPLYING our focus that we manage to create our new reality.

I simply set a date with myself before I head out, preferably the day of departure, and take the hour or hour and a half to envision the trip, to see all the things that will happen as happening without trying to know how or where or why and without worrying about any of it. I become still and centered and connect my energetic body with the receiving/sending flow of that source energy and I simply fill the whole vision with that energy. I don't care what it does or how or with whom. All I know is that it is doing what it does: bring perfect love and upliftment into everything it encounters. Highest and best for each and all.

It is a place of pure trust. Which is why, all those years ago in Hawaii, I could manifest registration tags for my car, but not the larger dream of a life where car registration tags simply were not an issue.

Pure trust takes time to develop. It starts with slowly flexing the trusting muscle in small ways. Stretching expectancy a little bit beyond what you know.

Here is a funny story about expectancy. I had a chance to speak with my brother after this trip was done. I was relating the last morning's events to him. As I got to the part where I met the neighbor and got a lift, he jumped ahead of me and guessed "thee stepped outside and the door locked and thee had no keys."

I laughed so hard! "No!" I replied. "The neighbor came out his door and offered to take me and all this stuff wherever we needed to go!"

My brother is consistently losing things. He is forever chasing after cell phones, glasses. His expectation is for keys to be locked inside the building!

I have practiced setting my expectation, off and on, from small things to large, for well over 20 years now. Clearly, I have enjoyed a good deal of happy circumstance as a part of my experience. Up until now, however, I have never actually applied the focus and release work so deliberately and on such large events.

I come to see through my own experience that I could in fact achieve this way of living with all areas of my life. But I'm not in a hurry.

Sometimes it's worked exactly as I've hoped and often much more perfectly than I could have imagined. It only "doesn't work" when my true expectation is not able to be shifted to that highest and best for each and all place.

In fact, what this shows is that the rule is consistent. You cannot outsmart it. You get what you expect. Not what you wish you expected, or what you want to expect, but what you truly expect.

By relaxing the grip on the outcome and allowing the feelings of trust that the infinite intelligence that is life has much vaster resources than any of us to fulfill all our visions and desires, it is possible to achieve the vibrational signal of peace with any desire. In that peace is the possibility of its manifestation. Without that peace, the manifestation is elusive and you feel angst, or frustration or irritability around that desire or vision.



okay now back to the trip to Boston!


I sat for over an hour in the sunshine on the back hill that afternoon. I soaked up the green and the warmth and did my energy work. When I was done, I had no idea of what would happen, or how it would all come together, but I felt relaxed and at ease with the upcoming trip.

Inspiration was everywhere on this journey. Our departure was smooth and the flight was shorter than expected. We arrived in Boston at 4:30 am Wednesday morning.

By 6 we had taken the train and walked up from Green Street station to the condo and I sent Tom and Dan out for breakfast while I took an hour with my eyes closed.

By 7:30 we were headed over to find out what was up with the move, stopping along the walk to pick up ginger ale for mom.

The first thing we discover is that the planned new apartment is not going to happen. We have a back up possibility, and so we get the directions to go see it and by 9:30 we are touring a building at the top of a hill overlooking the parks and city below. There are two nice units, and we are discussing possibilities of a fast (within five days) move into either of them.

Next it's time to get over to mom and bring her up to have lunch and see the place herself, so we know if it's a fit. By noon, we've managed that and she is lunching with us and the manager of the new building. We sit in the sun, by a window looking out on the large central garden area of the property.

Incredibly, by the end of this first day, the apartment would be chosen, and we would be preparing to make the move.

We had accomplished the most important first step on the first day, and on no sleep and we fell into bed and slept hard by early that first evening.

We had already arranged a deposit, found the funds necessary to make it, arranged to have all that handled the next morning. Once we'd accomplished that on Thursday morning, we reserved a moving truck and began sorting and packing boxes.

Dan and Tom set off on foot to get the truck while I packed. Then we met for a visit with mom, delivering more little presents... Candied ginger (her favorite) with a twist: covered in dark chocolate. It was a hit!

By Friday morning it was getting seriously colder and windy. Where we'd had rain the first night today it was well below freezing and gusting winds were making it even colder. We moved fast and froze anyway. Couch, bureau, desk, chairs, tables and bookcases, paintings and boxes. We had the first load ready to go before 9:30 and had only the rocker and a lot of boxes still to come back for.

As we made our way through the actions each little part was in place. Nothing went wrong. In some way we had begun to function more efficiently. Delegating and deciding what had to be done next in each moment simply flowed along. One piece after another came into place: the new phone line, the furniture fitting in the new place just right, the morning light in the windows...

By the end of this day we would have the truck returned, traveled across Boston by foot and train and truck several times, delivered all the items large enough to require a truck to move, gotten both boys to the airport one bound for home the other heading on to Virginia and managed to be able to spend two hours just visiting and talking with mom.

It was quite a feat. We also accomplished the most influential and important part of the task: we had fun doing it.

A few of the happy circumstances of the journey:

1. The newly discovered "fall back" potential turned out to be a better place than the original choice we'd already made weeks ago. It has a median age of 64 rather than closer to 80. It has an accessible outdoor garden space within the property. It has internet access and private phone, cable TV, decent food, a beautiful dining room...

2. The new apartment is twice the size of the original one and costs 500 dollars less. It is high up and has a wonderful view and plenty of sunny morning light.

3. It did not snow or rain the day we had to actually do the heavy moving, taking that steep hill to the top! It was cold and windy but it was clear.

4. The new apartment is in an assisted living facility rather than simply a "retirement community" which means there is a lot more staff and more care and help available.

5. We managed to remember everything: from the little French press coffee pot to the fresh supply of coarse ground coffee to fill it. Favorite books, lotions and flashlights and we found all those things she was asking for. Even the one purple glove whose mate was at her friend Sheila's house.

6. My last trip out from the old place I made alone on Monday morning. I had another six bags of linens, groceries, favorite lamp and cushions and was going to call a cab after I put all this huge pile of things out on the landing to go downstairs.

As I went through the door with a note for the neighbor and two library books I was asking him to return for mom as I would not have time to do it, his front door opened and after he took the books and the note, he asked if he could give me a lift somewhere with all these things. He was already carrying them out to his car before I could answer.

7. Mom was only very worried and upset in the early days of our visit. By mid way through it she was beginning to show signs of feeling more secure about the whole move. By the time it was accomplished she was actually grateful, seemed to be feeling much better and was truly feeling good about her new home.

8. My brother and mom got along and found their way after at first neither of them wishing even to see the other even if he did come up to help, which he did over the weekend.

9. Since he drove up we now had a car to finish all the small stuff, and got it all done by Sunday night, including the computer from her room at the nursing recovery center, and all set up too.

10. We actually accomplished the entire move from start to finish within the six day time frame I had set for my trip and she was moved and in her new home before I left town to come home.

Pretty good alright.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home